Forums » Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

• 6 posts
    October 18, 2013 8:19 PM AEDT

Hi everyone,

My name is Ciara and I am the Community Manager here at TripTide Australia.
    I was bitten by the travel bug a couple of years ago and love to explore new and intriguing corners of the world.  I'm lucky that I get to learn more about Australia everyday and am eager to share the things I have learnt with others.

Activities that really grab my attention cover wildlife, nature, culture, art, and of course food and drink! But i'm also keen to take on adventures and equally find a great spot to relax and dream the day away.

I plan to one day embark on a long exploration around Australia and would love to hear from the people that know it best the things I should see and do along the way.
    If you feel passionately about a certain town, beach, event or natural wonder that you think I should add to my itinerary, make your contributions in any of the following ways:

-Right here in this forum, introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your favourite parts of Australia.
    -On the community wall, an open message board for all to see. Ask questions or make suggestions.
    -Via dedicated areas of the community, New South Wales or Adventure from the "Plan Trip" menu for example. These pages allow for blogs, photos, videos and several ways for you to join the TripTide Discussion.

Leave your stamp on the most authentic digital travel guide for Australia!

One last thing, you may have noticed we've had the decorators in and recently released a brand new look and feel.  I'd love to know what you think, please feel free to share your thoughts and feedback.

Looking forward to hearing more about all of you!
    Ciara 

• 1 posts
    October 18, 2013 10:19 PM AEDT

As Partner Manager at TripTide I'm responsible for developing our network of trade members and commercial parnters. In addition to working with tour operators and accommodation providers this also includes working with destination marketing organisations, tourist boards and tourism associations.  

I've worked in the travel industry for the last ten years and was first hooked by the urge to explore after travelling through India, Nepal and East Africa. Working at TripTide gives me the opportunity to promote facinating parts of the world by tapping into local knowledge and recommendations from other travellers.

Australia has so much to offer in this respect and I'm constantly surprised by the exciting activities and off-the-beaten-track places that our community members are recommending.

• 4 posts
    October 19, 2013 4:50 PM AEDT

Hi, my name is Casey and I am the TripTide Destination Expert for New South Wales. I was born and brought up in the suburbs of Sydney, and am currently studying a Bachelor of Law and a Bachelor of Media (Public Relations and Advertising) at the University of New South Wales.

As a child I always loved travelling around New South Wales with my family on adventures to parks, beaches and cafes. My curiosity in exploring and travel has rapidly developed as I have grown older and so I have taken to embarking on an ongoing journey around Syndey and New South Wales. I absolutely love hopping on a train to uni and coming home not only educated but with photos, memories and sometimes even food from various places I have found in my little adventures around the city of Sydney!

I love the city of Sydney, there is so much to do and there is always something happening. Even though I travel to the city so often, I  pull out my camera every time and feel like a tourist (even thought I've lived here all my life) because I love capturing it's beauty.

New South Wales is a huge state with so much to offer, I'm still finding new things, from hidden parks overlooking some amazing sights to quirky little cafes on backroads and I would love to share my insight and experiences in the state to make everyone else's experience of Australia that little bit better.

A new forum for questions specifically regarding New South Wales will be avaliable soon, so feel free to ask me any questions, because I would love to help you out!

This post was edited by Ciara Snook at November 14, 2013 1:38 AM AEDT
    • 3 posts
    October 21, 2013 7:03 PM AEDT

Hi, My name is Peter and I founded TripTide a little while ago after my first visit to Australia. I went to visit my daughter in Brisbane and could not get much in depth 'local' knowledge online to base my trip on. After some great personal recommendations we had a wonderful trip discovering much about the diversity of traveling in Australia. The sheer diversity of the country was breathtaking as we traveled under vast blue skies and crossed a seemingly endless supply of rivers and along pristine coastlines. Highlights for us included a tropical Christmas on Fraser Island, Sydney New Year's Eve fireworks and a walk and swim through the ancient Daintree forest.

We love to travel in the Northern Hemisphere and Australia should qualify high on our list of places to go and see at least once in a lifetime. We have created TripTide to help this process along and to engender a global online environment where local Aussie knowledge reaches a global audience    

This post was edited by Peter Richards at October 21, 2013 7:29 PM AEDT
  • October 26, 2013 1:17 PM AEDT

Hi all, 

My Name is Duncan and I am a Triptide Destination Expert for Tasmania. I was born in Hobart and have grown up in a small, rural community on the beautiful Tasman Peninsula.

After I left High school I travelled overseas to Europe, America, Fiji and Thailand and I explored much of the rest of Australia before returning to live in Hobart where I am currently studying a BA in journalism.

I love living in Hobart and am passionate about the best that Tasmania has to offer; its breath-taking natural scenery, local fresh produce, rich history and stunning art and culture.

Much of Tasmania is uninhabited wilderness and in my free time I will often take off with my friends to traverse the rugged landscape and dense old-growth forest reserves.

Wether it be a tranquil kayak in the glassy Gordon river, a five-day bush-walk through the remote and majestic overland track, or exploring the timeless depths of Hastings Caves; I consider Tasmania an unmissable destination when travelling to Australia.

I know how invaluable local knowledge can be whilst travelling and I would be more than happy to answer any questions that that you might have about Hobart or Tasmania.  

This post was edited by Duncan McDermott at October 26, 2013 1:19 PM AEDT
  • December 12, 2013 9:44 AM AEDT

Hi everyone!

I've just joined and I'm learning about Trip Tide.  Sounds great!  Australia does have so much to see and do, and sometimes it is hard to find the hidden gems.

I work with wildlife IN THE WILD only.  No zoos, no captivity. That's what I like to see when I travel too.  Australia's wildlife is special, but they are shy and can be hard to find if you don't know a lot about them.  When I travel in Australia I find that taking things slowly is the best way to see a lot of wildlife.  Don't be afraid to visit and revisit the same places over and over again.  You get to know it better, and believe it or not, the animals get to know you!  That's what professional Wildlife Guides do - they visit the same places many times and each time pick up a snippet of information that they remember next time.  Eventually they know the locations of nests, hiding spots, best times to see animals and the animals start to relax with them. 

Best tip: if you want to see wildlife and you haven't got a lot of time - go with a Wildlife Guide.  Seriously, they are worth the money.  

• 6 posts
    December 20, 2013 1:58 AM AEDT

Hi Echidna Walkabout! Thanks for adding your bit to our intros forum! Great tips on Aussie wildlife and love the photo

• January 14, 2014 2:09 AM AEDT

Hi everyone! So my name is Francesca, I'm 20 years old and i'm moving to sydney in just one month! I can't believe it.

As soon as I graduated from high school I moved from Naples,Italy to Orlando, Florida working for Disney world for over a year. It was a dream come true, i got to meet so many new and cool people and i also had the chance to improve my english and to travel all around US: Miami,New York,Chicago,Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco,San Diego....and Bahamas.

While I was spending all this travelling these big cities there was something I was missing: Nature. So as soon as i came back from my adventure in US i decided that i wanted to go on a real adventure in the wild Australia. So i booked my ticket without second guessing and decided to start from Sydney. Me and my two friends are excited and both terrified.....it's such a new thing for us but i decided to get out of my comfort zone and start experiencing the unexpected.

I joined this forum to have to chance to know more about this new wild place...and hopefully get even more excited. You all seem to be having the time of your life down there and for a young girl like me it's exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for listening! 

• 6 posts
    January 14, 2014 4:22 AM AEDT

Hi Francesca! Thanks for joining and for giving that awesome intro about you and your travel plans to and around Australia. What kind of things do you want to see and do when you get to Oz? Hopefully I can help direct any questions you might have to some of our members to offer ideal tips and advice! 

Ciara

• January 14, 2014 6:47 AM AEDT

Thank you Ciara!

Well I'm actually coming to Australia with a working holiday visa so i hope to find a job as soon as i get there....but i hope to have time to travel as well.... i'm gonna lend in Sydney and the first thing i wanna do on my second day there is to see some of the beaches ever.. i hope there's something around that area that i can actually reach. Here's winter now and on the news everybody is talking about how HOT it is there and i'm getting so excited about it...i'm open to everything so if there's something i MUST see, well i can't wait to find out what it is..

• 6 posts
    January 14, 2014 7:37 AM AEDT
    From a frosty winter to the summer Aussie beaches will be amazing! I'm sure we can make a few suggestions for you :)
    • 4 posts
    January 14, 2014 9:39 PM AEDT

Hi Francesca,

The adventures you've already been on sound fantastic! I'm sure you'll love every inch of Australia, as it is an extremely adventurous country!

There are so many beaches in NSW, perhaps the most popular being Bondi Beach and Many Beach. You can go diving with sharks, kayaking or embark on a bike tour at Manly.  You can try your luck at surfing at Bondi or reward your tastebuds with a treat from any of the cafes or restaurants surrounding the beach. The coastal walk from Bondi to Coogee has some amazing sights, if you're up for a trek! However these beaches are usually quite busy, especially during the summer!

If you're looking to try out windsurfing or skydiving ontp a beach, you should definetly visit Wollongong beach as the winds down there are perfect for those activities!

If you don't mind a roadtrip to find less crowded beaches, head either far north or south on the coast of NSW. Some of my favourite South coast beaches include Seven Mile Beach near Shoalhaven or Thirroul. Some of my favourite North Coast beaches include Collaroy, Bundeena and Bommerang Beach.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have about Sydney!

This post was edited by Casey D'Souza at January 14, 2014 9:40 PM AEDT
  • January 15, 2014 1:49 AM AEDT

wow the way you described all these places sound amazing! I can't wait to be comfortable enough with the city to start visiting all these places....i wanna learn how to surf and find the courage to be brave anough to dive with sharks, it would one of the most excting things ever.

So you have been living in Sydney right? well that's where we wanna start our adventure, we wanna look for an apartment there....is there any place is the city where it's easier to live and to move around without the car? We're planning on getting a car as soon as we find a job but for the first 2 month i guess we're just going to walk around and use public transportation....and do you have some great spots (like bars,clubs,restaurants things like that)that you think they're worth visiting....i'm sorry for all these questions! but it's so exciting to have someone that is actually from australia....i've been talking with a lot of italians that have moved there but asking questions to you is way better :)

• 6 posts
    January 15, 2014 3:54 AM AEDT

Hi guys, 

My names Bex and I'm the Digital Marketing assistant at TripTide.

I think travelling is a great experience that everyone should grasp if they have that opportunity. I'm lucky to have travelled a few places, however I definitley want to expand on these destinations!

There are so many great locations that would be amazing to visit and it is great that I can learn more everyday about the new and exciting things that Australia has to offer! 

• 4 posts
    January 17, 2014 11:17 PM AEDT

Yes, I have lived in Sydney my whole life! There is access to trains, buses and taxis all around the city, surrounding subrubs and even the Inner West and Eastern suburbs. So where ever you decide to stay, you need not worry about transportation. The best mode of transport in the city is walking or riding a bike, to avoid all the traffic especially at peak hours and soak up some vitamin D!

Don't be sorry for asking all these questions, I'm more than happy to help you out and it's a great way to learn more about Australia! There is such a huge range of bars, clubs and restaurants in Sydney dependant on what type of food, music and atmosphere you prefer.

• 1 posts
    June 10, 2016 4:27 PM AEST

http://dumps-genuis.ru/
    http://dumps-genuis.ru/login.php
    http://dumps-genuis.ru/register.php

I wanna present automated secure dumps shop service with high quality dumps.

BTC fully automatic funding implemented!
    After 3 confs from our side you will be funded 100%!!!

EU/WORLD/USA/CANADA/CHINA/UK and more ...
    !!!NEW DUMPS BASES 100% VALID!!!

+ Dumps - Track 1/2 Worldwide Mix
    + 1st HAND DUMPS
    + 24/7 SUPPORT
    + ALL VENDORS
    + GOOD PRICES
    + QUALITY DUMPS SHOP
    + QUALITY SERVICE
    + REFUND OF ALL CODES except 00
    + DISCOUNT SYSTEM FOR FAVOURITE CLIENTS IS VERY LOYAL !!!
    + Buy Dumps Shop & Credit Cards with cvv2

Always welcome and ready for orders!

P.S. We write responses and questions only in English
    Join for free at http://dumps-genuis.ru/login.php
    Gmail : [email protected]
    Sincerely. dumps-genuis.ru/ Dumps Shop.
    Good luck all!!!

• 14 posts
    February 14, 2017 7:53 AM AEDT

Hi,
    My name is Anya Joe and I love to traveling to explore my knowledge throughout the world such as beautiful destinations, languages and new cultures. In present I’m in beautiful city Sydney. It’s hard to imagine Sydney vibrant sight, cultures and more.

From childhood, it was horrible to stay in house. I cannot spend time with the disgusting bed and pillow. I always looking for an opportunity to live a traveler life see the vibrant sight of world and eventually I got my traveling life.

I completely fall in love with Sydney’s fable history and historical building of the rock. More over I also like to share my experiences.

This post was edited by Anya Joe at February 14, 2017 7:54 AM AEDT